Objectives and tasks
The Association has been established with the purpose of coordinating activities of enterprises and organizations interested in the safe and controlled production and use of chrysotile asbestos and chrysotile-containing materials and products.
The main tasks of the Association include:
- Establishing the main global trends in the production and use of chrysotile asbestos and chrysotile-containing materials and products;
- Facilitating organization of studies in the field of development of new techniques and equipment solving the task of broadening the spheres of application of chrysotile asbestos and chrysotile-containing materials and products;
- Identifying perspective directions of medico-biological studies of occupational exposures to chrysotile asbestos and chrysotile-containing products and conducting such studies;
- Decreasing the risk of asbestos-related diseases for workers of asbestos-producing and asbestos-consuming industries;
- Informing the general public about the results of scientific studies concerning minimizing the risk of asbestos-related diseases.
In order to solve its main tasks the Association carries out activities in the following areas:
- implementing provisions of ILO Convention No. 162 on Safety in the Use of Asbestos (1986) ratified by the Russian Federation on the 8th of April 2000 by Federal Law No. 50;
- participating in activities of the International Chrysotile Association (ICA), establishing and developing relations with Russian and foreign companies and organizations;
- assisting in developing sanitary requirements to the industrial use of asbestos and asbestos-containing materials and products;
- studying and disseminating advanced technical solutions promoting a safe production and use of chrysotile asbestos and chrysotile-containing materials and products;
- assisting in organization of clinical and hygienic studies;
- holding conferences, seminars, training courses on safety in the use of chrysotile asbestos;
- assisting in vocational training of managers, professionals, and workers;
- participating in national and international exhibitions;
- preparing and disseminating method documents and information materials;
- promoting cooperation with mass media and special print media;
- developing and maintaining a data bank containing scientific and technical information within the scope of activities of the Association; and
rendering legal assistance, marketing and other services to the members of the Association, etc.